Saturday, September 10, 2011

Grain Sack Curtains









Just a sneak peek.
One half done.
These are very heavy drapes and I even have lined the back for more insulation.
I have really been trying to add some color and fun to the industrial side of things around here.
I stumbled upon this gorgeous floral fabric.
It matches the color of the paint in the bedroom perfectly. Not sure how it was going to look and a little scared to take the risk but I adore the way it turned out.
So it adds a touch of girly but is not the focus of the room.
These drapes are long and full, flowing and gathering nicely on the floor.
It was hard to get a great picture since it is a super cloudy day out.
So here is a variety with flash and non-flash...

K, back to the sewing machine I go.
Have a great Saturday!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh girl, I LOVE THEM!!! Beautiful job!!!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Sincerely,
Melinda

Unknown said...

OH MY GOD!!!! Love these! awesome! magnifique! wow!

~Sues Treasures on the Porch~ said...

These are just wonderful love the flower material at the top it is a perfect touch to the grain sacks you did a great job! I think I will hunt more grain sacks so I can make a set of these I love them that much!!! Sue

Rhonda said...

Be still my heart, I love these soooooooooooooo much. You put a lot of work into them, they are so beautiful, especially when that little bit of light shines through.

Well done my friend.

Sue said...

I absolutely LOVE the grain sack curtains!! So, are you going to be making any that you might sell, or a custom order? Let me know, I will be your first customer!!

Take care, Sue

Ricki Treleaven said...

I would have never thought of using grains sacks for making curtains, but yours look great!

Old Paper Roses said...

I love your new curtains!!
So vintage and very chic!

♥ Michelle...