Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Gifts to Give and Gifts from a Child



I started cleaning my studio last night and inspiration always hits when you are putting away a mess and come across little things that pile up and then you look and say, OH that looks good together. I then get sidetracked and the cleaning stops and the creating begins.
A little leather coin purse nest. Was born.
It will be available here later today.Maybe I need to go in and clean more often to get inspired :)
Would be a great gift to give this holiday season or hang upon your tree.

Then last week I stated that I would do a Tuesday Story time and craft.
We started with this super cute board book to teach Brooklyn about the 1st Thanksgiving.
It has really cute interactive flaps to lift as you read along. We found this at Barnes and Noble a few weeks back. It was the only little book on Thanksgiving he was fond of...and me too :)
So our turkey hand prints are dry and laying on our table.
This is a super easy way for the kids to do a craft. We used
Crayola washable finger paints, they really are super easy to clean up.
I put out colors mixed on pieces of tin foil and pressed his hand in the color then right onto the muslin runner. I layered tin foil under the runner as not to get it on the table.
We went back and added legs, gobbler,and eyes with a toothpick and sharpie.
put a few finger print dots all around to fill it in. Let it dry for 24-48 hours.
It dries nice and bright! I will cherish it always and we had so much fun making it.
You could also do this for place mats for the Thanksgiving table. I will back this in a fun fabric and roll it out every year for us to use.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE...my kids hands are not that small anymore!

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy,
What a fabulous runner!!!
I love that you do these wonderful things with Brooklyn, you are such an amazing mom!!
I hope you and your family have a wonderful and joyous Thanksgiving!!
Sincerely,
Melinda