Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Glow of Milk Glass






I have loved milk glass ever since I was a little girl.
It reminds me of some lamps my grandmother had.

Then years ago in Martha Stewart Living Magazine she showed them displayed all in a row on a mantle with candles glowing inside
WOW!!
I wanted to do that.
But traveling across country I let most of my collection go and now out here it is very hard to come by.


Yesterday I was taking another break from my crocheting and stumbled into one of the only little home decor boutiques that exists out here.  Magnolia Lane.

To my surprise they had a few vintage pieces in the store and one was this amazing milk glass vase.
So super heavy and charming and inexpensive.

It had to come home with me.
I instantly put a flameless candle in it and stuck it in a nook to glow.
LOVE
It really sets the Autumn mood that I love so much. 

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Milk glass does remind me of my grandmother, too! I also remember her china, I thought it was so beautiful.

Dinner on china? Does anyone do that anymore?

Anyway, love your vignette and new to you milk glass.