Thursday, October 4, 2012

Victorian Halloween






The 4th day of October and we wake up to cool breezes, not crisp, but cool.
I am happy with that start, at least I know it is coming, fall is coming.


So I sit and create, getting in the mood for the first crisp day.


I started on these vintage clothes pins yesterday.  Numbering them they were already super old and distressed so no need for staining.
I am not sure if I am going to leave them simple or maybe add some ribbon to them...what do you think?


I needed a break yesterday,  I have been crocheting for what seems like forever and I wanted to clear my mind so I could come back today and start fresh with new ideas.  I have a huge scarf order and making scarves so they don't look like grandma did them is a challenge sometimes.


Off I went to browse around the mall looking for inspiration and as I went into a dressing room I found a very cool art display.
On the Nordstroms 3rd floor they have an artists embroidery work and I totally wanted to take it all home with me.  Alas not for sale but I did manage to sneak a picture of the one that I really loved.
Pardon the blur, but it really spoke to me and I am now excited to start on some new things.
Does anyone know who this artist may be?
I think I will stop at customer service next time and see if they can fill me in.

The artist also does free hand embroidery on basic white heavy paper of words and images, very cool.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Your Nordstroms sounds spectacular. They display art? Love it.

Your cute clothes pins are great the way they are, although, I love your torn cotton ribbon tied around anything. :)

Kadee Willow said...

Or maybe some twine, like they came from the clothesline!