Saturday, February 23, 2013

Dream Catcher


Lately as I drift off to sleep, I find myself half awake and jotting down ideas in my bedside journal.

Each morning I awake to find a new little idea that I half remember sketching down.

Last night was a dream catcher.
But not a traditional one.
An Amy one...


This is my work desk today.  I love how this vintage hankie is signed...
I am exhausted from child and husband catching colds and running around doing mommy duty on level HIGH.  They are both sleeping away in the middle of the day.  I have found solitude in my studio.



Downing a Diet Pepsi and some Sixlets, in hopes of getting a sugar high to keep my strength going.

These little dream catchers will be floating into my SHOP soon.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Oh Amy - just gorgeous!!! Love the Amy dreamcatchers :-) I adore anything with old linens & love the beaded braiding across the top.
So sorry to hear you are having to be "nurse", it can sure be exhausting. I am amazed you have the energy to create - dont you go catching their colds please!!
I too have a journal beside my bed for those night time inspirations. Hugs., Julie :-)

Rhonda said...

Playing nurse to 2 sick boys is exhausting! I do the same thing, think of ideas but I don't jot them down. You are smart. Even a half idea is better than trying to remember all day what your idea was last night.

Your dream catcher is amazing, I love it.

Ricki Treleaven said...

Your dreamcatcher is so beautiful, Amy! I need to visit your shop ASAP!!!