Tuesday, June 11, 2013

World of Love


Yesterday was one of the longest days ever.
Waking up at 5:30 am and going at full speed until 11pm.
We started a new preschool, we had dr's appts. errands beyond errands to run.
It was go go go and at dinner time I sat and decided to pick up my hook and yarn.



I worked  on it in between making dinner, tending to the boy and doing laundry.
Every time I would sit this would happen...and then again later.

Seems not only do I love this yarn, so does my fatsy.
I had a blogger ask the other day if it even gets cold enough here to use an afghan...the answer is yes and definitely when the air conditioning stays on freezing :/
I love curling up with a blankie in the evenings to watch tv.  It is the best way to end the day.


Now back to the title of this post.
I have been cleaning out supplies and stumbled upon this little vintage dress.  I instantly put it in the laundry and thought I need to make something with this.
So my hands went to work and laid out some pieces.
Little muslin sacks stamped with birds make the best little pockets, a vintage original photo tacked in place, paper ribbon flower garland and a crown to top it off.  But the best little saying that I have been holding on for years.  I have had this even before I had a child of my own.  "A World of Love Awaits You Here"  so sweet.
I think this is just a wonderful addition to a new nursery. 
It will be in my SHOP tonight. 
What have you been up to?
A lot of you have been saying I got my creativity back.  I say it was my body not excepting caffeine for the longest time that put me in a grand funk.  Now that I can partake in the beverage and chocolate again, I feel a zing for  life and creativity again.  Boy I have missed it.  I am thrilled to have it back.  I did go through the same creative depression when I was pregnant, so I should have linked it together, no caffeine = no creative inspiration.
Somethings are just meant to be together in life.

6 comments:

Gail said...

Totally agree about the lack of caffeine....it's actually supposed to be good for you! So drink up!

I love your creative little dress, so darling. One of these days I'll get back into my studio....one of these days.
I did get to do some shopping today and found some great things......I don't envy you the heat.
We had an overcast day that was just lovely...windows open with a cool breeze.
My kinda day!

Rhonda said...

I agree, i have to have my coffee of watch out world. Love your art dress, it's precious.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Coffee...one of life's simple pleasures! You really are a wonderfully creative and artistic person, Amy...I need to drink MORE coffee!

Diana Mieczan said...

I am having one of those days today....I got up super early and I still have tons to do...Oh boy, your cat is the coolest! Kisses, lovely.

Ricki Treleaven said...

That's a long day, my friend. Wow. I couldn't make it without caffeine!

Such a sweet little creations, Amy.

xo,
RJ

john said...

Oh I know what you mean about the caffeine ! what a great post and you did a lovely job on the little vintage dress. the photo of your cat made me smile as I'm often in the same situation ..and I have 3 of the furry fiends !! not enough knees to sit on sometimes ....and as soon as they see knitting or crochet coming out they are happy ! have a lovely weekend ...Gail x